Sunday, August 1, 2010

Love; strong affection for another, that's what Webster says...

Why have I not blogged in so loooonnnnnggggg? Okay so I have been running a marathon lately and I am finally settling back to reality. I had some crazy fun at Summerlee, and some more crazy fun at Lake Champion! I became closer to God and to friends. I realized how amazing it is to cherish your time with the ones you love and the ones who love you back! Just something that's been on my mind lately, other than my headache at this point. While at Lake Champion I was given 20 minutes, to shut the world off all around me and focus on God and my life. Dear goodness gracious... my mind was going full speed. I had no idea where to begin. I said, "Lord pick your choice, my Dad... the boy problems... or my relationship with you?" In that 20 minutes that I didn't think would cut it I spilled everything I had for Him, to Him. I'm not going to lie, I cried. Lots! It helped though. It made me feel like God was just sitting there, holding me, never wanting to let me go. He still doesn't want to let me go. Why would we ever want to walk away from that? Don't we love being held? Don't we love being told we're beautiful? Don't we love having a Father who will do so much for us?
In this living world right now we search so hard for that person who will hold us and never let us go. We search for that boy or girl who will tell us we are beautiful. We want that Dad who can stay sober enough to tell us they love us, and mean it...
By now you'd think we would learn. If all of these fail why are we giving up? why are we sitting and thinking that there is nothing good to come out of our lives? Friends I have such great news to tell you. There is someone longing for you to come running to His open arms, He's down on His knees waiting, and when we get there you know what He is going to tell us? He's going to tell us we're beautiful... and He's going to mean it. There is one thing though, He is going to say something to us and you will truly know what it means when He says it. He's going to tell us He loves us. He LOVES us. Guys we have no idea what love is until we have heard it from our Father who is saying it to you and me, all of us, right now. Loving someone on earth is human love. When Jesus says it to us... look out, it'sgoing to blow your mind!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Jessie. I swear, you should see me when I read your posts. My eyes are like glued to the screen, reading it as fast as possible. HAHA. SO good. I love you. You are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words! I love you <3

    ReplyDelete